I hope you all are well by the grace of Allah ☻
The last time I told you about my skin care, I briefed you all about the oil-cleansing method. Since then honestly, I have cut down my make-up usage even more. Now the only times you’ll see my wearing makeup are only at parties (if needed) thus I rarely now ever engage in the oil-cleansing method.
So now that I do not use makeup often, even if I’m going to the mall I avoid makeup, I still wanted my skin to look beautiful. I took an approach at this with 2 home remedies that will make your skin fight acne, receive a clear complexion, limit blackheads, and shrink pores! Alhumdulilah I followed my routine strictly before Ramadan and the results really showed (and were impressive!), but Ramadan got me a bit lazy 🙈.
Pro-tip for any face masks other than peel off masks – rub the mask into your skin! Many people simply apply a mask on the outer layer of skin but it is advised to actually rub it in so that the mask can reach beyond just the outer skin layer.
Morning Routine –
- Aloe Cucumber Mask:Mix together equal amounts of aloe vera and cucumber, you can increase the amount of aloe vera if your mask is too runny — I’ve also seen people add cornstarch to masks to make them thicker but I have not tried it. Apply the paste on your face for 20 minutes and wash off with neither cold nor hot water. You can store this in the fridge for later use!This mask helps relieve and clean your skin, helps against breakout, shrinks pores, and tones your skin.
- Icing:Take an ice cube wrapped in a tissue, gauze, or cloth to ice your face. To ice your face, simply apply the ice cube on an area until it feels slightly numb, remove the ice if you feel pain. Simply circulate the ice cube throughout your face.Icing your face helps shrink pores, gives you a complexion boost, and helps with puffy eyes. I especially like doing this in the morning for its refreshed feel.
- Moisturize:Moisturize with your favorite face moisturizer. I use either coconut oil or an oil that I have made at home that I will post about soon in sha Allah.
- Cleanse face if needed, you can check out my oil-cleansing method post to check out how I cleanse my face…but if I get too lazy, I put on the oil and wash it off with Cetaphil ☻
- Turmeric Mask Before sleeping use this acne fighting mask to heal and beautify your skin. The results can be seen fairly quickly with this mask. However, use this mask only a few times a week, I’ve scheduled this mask to be used Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.To make this mask -1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon chickpea flour (besan)
a bit of milk to consistency desiredFirst, add the dry ingredients in a small container and mix them together. You want to add milk slowly to the dry ingredients or you’ll ruin the mask. Add a little bit of milk, mix, and then add more slowly if needed. Do not add milk all at once, again, it will ruin your mask.Apply this mask on your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. This mask will tighten up so much that you would barely be able to move your lips. You can wash this mask off with warm water or what I do is that I very slightly wet my hands and starting rubbing the mask in an upwards motion (you will possibly need to find a soft-spot to start this as the mask will be hardened). Doing so will exfoliate your skin. Wash off the areas that are sensitive on your face such as the area around your eyes instead of using the exfoliating technique. Also, do not apply this mask too close to your eyes because it will pull down on the skin below your eyes whilst drying.
I advise to lay out a towel if you have a counter-sink as you do not want the turmeric to add a hue to your counter and also to use this mask while wearing a shirt you don’t like just in case you drop it on your clothes.
This mask cannot be stored for later use.
One of the reasons why I put this mask in the evening schedule is because turmeric gives a yellow hue to the skin. If you apply this mask at night and go to sleep, when you wake up your skin will have absorbed the turmeric and no yellow hue should be left. If you use this mask in the morning and want to get rid of the yellow hue, then take a cotton ball, cloth, or napkin and dip it in milk. Rub it on your face and the milk will help take away the hue. It is best to use this right before sleeping so you can avoid the yellow hue trauma.
- Moisturize: Here I either use the oils I stated previously or a collagen cream.
Well that is my routine and alhumdulilah my skin LOVED it. After just a few days in sha Allah your skin will look cleaner, toned, and it will feel softer too! Your pores will be shrunken and blackheads will be limited (I do not know if the blackheads will eventually altogether stop appearing because, as I said, Ramadan made me a tad lazy with my routine).
Let me know if you try this or have your own beauty secrets in the comments!